Step 8 Faith in God
The health of your body, mind and spirit is influenced by your faith in God. How does your faith in God help you in a practical way?
It relieves anxiety and stress. I pray and ask God to guide me and to fill me with His Holy Spirit. I then do my best and leave the rest to Him. I’m not responsible or in charge anymore and I trust God to take care of the details of my life. (Matt 6:25-34; Ps 23)
- It changes our outlook on life. When we realize that we’re never alone or unsupported, we can move forward with confidence.(Deut 31:8; John 16:33) We become motivated by love instead of fear, and in doing that, the outcomes of our life change. When we love what we do, we’re passionate and positive, and that has a powerful physiological effect. Our faith in God and our relationship with Him gives our lives meaning, and meaning gives us hope.
We realize that we’re part of a community that supports us and that we can support in turn. Service leads to the greatest blessings by taking us outside of ourselves and focussing our attention on what we have to give instead of our shortcomings.
Faith in God, simply put, is confidence in God.
Did you realize that faith in God has a physiological influence on your body? Well research shows that faith strengthen the immune system and protects against heart disease and cancer. Ever heard of the placebo effect? Simple faith in a pill can do wonders, imagine what a relationship with God can do for you. Most people suffer from some form of depression stress and anxiety which are powerful disease triggers, faith can help. When we are at peace with God, we take hold of the most important requirement for health. Before any physical illness can be healed we need to look at the spiritual and mental aspects of our lives. These aspects of humanity lead and the body follows after.
- Make time for prayer and meditation, make it a habit.
- Surrender all your fears to God, let go and let God.
- Spend time in nature and listen for his voice.
- Remember that religion and people are reflections of God, but He is so much more.
- Have a personal relationship with God.