The Laying on of Hands
Praying for the sick and those who need healing is a traditional Christian practice. We have received specific guidance in this matter and I believe it is best to follow it. Please remember that God hears all our prayers, this is just guidance.
“Is anyone among you sick? Let then call the elders of the church to pray over them and anoint them with oil in the name of the Lord” James 5:14
The 7 Prayer Essentials
- Purify yourself before bringing a petition to heaven for healing. “Therefore I want the men everywhere to pray, lifting up holy hands without anger or dispute.” Nobody is asking anybody to be perfect, it is a simple matter of clearing your mind. Personally, I believe that fasting for a day can bring real perspective. Drink as much water as you can and pray.
- “For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them” Matt 18:20 I believe that God is always with us but numbers do help, call the elders of the church or those family members who can help.
- “He sprinkled some of the oil on the altar seven times, anointing the altar and all its utensils and the basin with its stand, to consecrate them” Lev 8:11 I believe that this is guidance for those who seek it, personally I would use frankincense and myrrh oils mixed in equal parts. Both of these oils have amazing healing properties. The gift of the three wise men to the baby Jesus is indicative of the special nature of these oils.
- Have faith in what you are about to do, remember faith is not something you can do or have. Simply put it is confidence in God. “ For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands.” 2 Timothy 1:6
- Be specific in your prayer. Express as clearly as possible what is being asked for. An example is when praying for a cancer patient: “Father please help the immune system in this body to recognize the cancer cells, help the body to destroy the malignant cells and bring a health and healing to the lungs” .
- Remember to give thanks, it is important to thank God for the outcome, whatever it may be. His perspective of life is different from ours, so lets ask Him for His will to be done.
- It is a matter of experience and faith, the two go hand in hand. When you have prayed for many sick people, requesting healing you will see for the results for yourself.
If you would like our prayers or help in this matter please email us. We will be happy to help you pray for healing.
Share this post
- 1 comment
- Tags: can prayer heal, faith and healing, help with prayer, help with praying for healing, how can i have faith that brings healing, how can prayer heal, how to help with prayer, how to lay on hands, how to pray for cancer, how to pray for healing, laying on of hands, praying for cancer, praying for healing, purify, the 7 prayer essentials, which oil for prayer, which oil shoul be used in praying, who can help with prayer for healing