Happy Start Tart
I usually give people a piece of this delicious tart to sample before I tell them how to make it. The simple fact is that many people, especially in our western culture, do not believe that avocado is such a wonderful base for sweet treats. This Happy Start Tart is formulated to be nutrient dense and is full of healthy ingredients. In fact, it is so balanced and nutritious, that if I were given a choice to eat only one thing for the rest of my life, this would be it. As an added bonus, it can even help you lose weight. It is hard to believe but true. So make the Happy Start tart for your health, for your friends and just because…it taste great.
Get all the ingredients together and make sure you have a blender. You need to blend the filling smoothly and the crust can be more whole pieces. Start by soaking the dates and raisins, this takes time 20-30 minutes in hot water. In that time, you make the crust and then return to the filling. One great thing is that this recipe does not require baking or and oven. All you need is a fridge. Once it has been frozen for an hour or so it is ready to eat, you can leave it in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. However, that will never happen, you will eat it before you know it.
Making the Crust for Happy Start Tart
Put the following in a food processor with a pulse setting. We need a fine gravel texture so not something that will make it too smooth. Add the following ingredients:
- 1 and cup walnuts any nuts but not peanuts (Walnuts are rich in tryptophan and omega 3 needed for by our brains to fight depression)
- 1/2 cup of dried coconut (unsweetened)
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 Cup coconut oil
- Pinch of salt
- 1 table spoons honey
- Blend together until sand like consistency
Ladle into glass bowel and pat it down firmly. Once refrigerated the coconut oil will set and your crust is made.
Filling for Happy Start Tart
Your dates should have absorbed enough water by now and is ready to be blended. Add all the ingredients into a blender and blend until it is as smooth as possible. Remember to use a spoon when you sample – that is always the fun part for me. You can add honey to make it sweeter to match your taste buds.
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 and 1/2 cup of pitiless dates
- Drain when ready and add to mix
- 3 avocados
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 cup coconut oil
- Table spoon Pero ( vegan coffee)
- 1/2 cup carob or 3/4 raw coco
- Honey 1-2 table spoons optional raw local honey is best.
Blend until smooth, then ladle onto the crust and decorate it the way you would like it. Now refrigerate it, it really taste better when it is cold. Enjoy for breakfast or as a desert, and remember to tell your friends.
Ingredient Shopping List for Happy Start Tart
- Sunflower Seeds
- Coconut oil (the one without flavored if possible)
- Dates (pitted is needed)
- Avocados (need at least x 3)
- Vanilla essence
- Carob or Raw Coco
- Roma or any health coffee substitute (this is just to lift the taste so if you do not have it leave it out)