Avocado Seeds Secrets
Everybody knows that avocados are a superfood. It is well documented. However, did you know that you might have been throwing the best part of the avocado into the trash? In truth 70% of the avocados antioxidants are in the seeds. The seeds are far richer in antioxidants than the fruit itself. It is a simple matter of finding out how to prepare the seed, and what it is good for.
What are Avocado Seeds good for?
- Fat Burning: The avocado seed has the fiber and fat burning compounds and help to keep your blood sugar levels balanced during the day. In short, it will help with cravings.
- Fiber Rich; The avocado seed has more antioxidants than most fruits and vegetables and contain more fiber.
- Cholesterol: The seed has oils that lowers high cholesterol and helps prevent strokes.
- GI Tract: It also eases swelling in the gastrointestinal tract and brings relief if you have diarrhea and constipation.
- Gastric Ulcers: The antioxidants known as phenolic compounds in avocado seeds make it useful for soothing gastric ulcers. The compound contains antibacterial and antiviral properties.
How to Crack Avocado Seed Secrets
- It is a mission to deal with single seeds so our family has a spot to put seeds. Its sunny an dry and we put all the avocado seeds into a bowl and let them dry naturally. We can then use or process them as desired.
- Add the raw seeds to your smoothies. Do not worry; the juicer will break the seeds up, no problem. Just remember to add enough liquid.
- Use a good knife and stab the seed, apply pressure and let the blade slide to the middle, then twist the seed and it will break into pieces that are more manageable.
- Dry the seed pieces in the oven and crush them afterwards. They work well in soups and cereals. They keep well and can be used as an alternative to nuts.
So we live and learn, enjoy those avocado seeds.