Depression? Checklist that can Help.
If you never feel the down you can never experience the ups. It is perfectly natural to feel low sometimes. However, if the feeling of sadness and apathy lasts for at least two consecutive weeks and it starts disrupting your daily activities you may have major depression.
The thing to really understand is that depression is not a sign of weakness. It is a common and treatable condition. The primary symptoms of depression are as follows:
- Loss of interest in life
- Activities that you enjoyed before become tedious.
- A sense of guilt and worthlessness overshadows your day.
- Hope is a distant memory
- You may have recurring thoughts of death or even suicide
- You may feel really tired all the time and either sleep more or not much at all
- Early morning waking on a regular basis
- Persistent pain or digestive problems that do not respond to treatment
- Changes in Appetite or weight indicate depression
- Finding it difficult to make decisions
- Not being able to concentrate
Get Help with Depression
Depression can lead to severe problems in relationships and in the workplace. People avoid those who they see as depressed. It is a natural response but not very helpful to a person suffering from depression. This sometimes life threatening situation cause people to be more isolated. They tend to turn inwards and stay in the shadows. If you are feeling suicidal why not make use of the help available, call 800-suicide (800-784-2433) or maybe you just need to be heard, get somebody to talk to at 800 634 9355.
Am I more likely to be Depressed?
Anyone can be depressed. Growing up I remembered that everybody in our church family were taken aback when they found out that our pastor was suffering from depression. It did not end well for the pastor. People have expectations of others. The truth is that the idea of depression brings out fear in others who have it. So if somebody seems to judge you because you suffer from depression, know this, they are suffering from depression themselves, they are just not able to admit it and get help. Genetics, diet and many other factors are part of the formula. You are unique, your triggers are unique to you. So if you are depressed look around you, you are not alone. Now get Help!
Share this post
- 0 comment
- Tags: checklist, depression, depression checklist, do i have depression, get help with depression